Physical Therapy - designed to FULLY OPTIMIZE your recovery. Our physical therapist undergo years of specialized training to acquire the skills to help you achieve the highest functioning level possible. Watch the videos on our website to see how we've gotten client walking who were told they would never stand or talk and to see many of our clients learn to jump, dance, skip rope, and run!
Challenge Center Training Programs
Going beyond the basics, we have found unique equipment, environments and teaching styles to help train your body to work with you.
Computerized Functional Electronic Stimulation (CFES) allows spinal cord injury and other paralysis clients to ride a stationary bike with his or her own muscles.
• Latest cutting edge equipment
• Helps clients stay fit and manage weight
• Protects shoulders and arms from long-term damage
• Increased body response ◦ More muscle growth
◦ Improved cardiovascular response to larger muscle group
◦ Better overall wellness, including avoiding pressur sores and increasing spasticity
Warm water, small group fitness classes allow clients to achieve goals limited on land by impact, device and other personal restrictions.
• Low impact aerobic exercise
• Stretching and Ai Chi postures
• Water walking
• Overall strengthening
Balance and Conditioning Class
Personalized and unique small group classes create challenging, yet achievable goals that go beyond safety to provide new skills and confidence in daily life.
• Group stretching
• Cardio and parallel bar exercise
• Balance and conditioning exercise
• One-on-one personalized training
While limited by stance and the dangers of standing fitness, chair fitness can help improve strength and skills to move forward and expand self-reliance.
• Improved core strength
• Advanced stretching
• Small group personal focus